According to KnowledgeSpeak ” Readers can now keep track of the latest Taylor & Francis research on the go through their mobile devices, using the Researcher app. Researcher makes keeping up to date with the latest published research simple with a social media-style personalised feed. The feed displays papers and data from a pre-selected list of journals and can be customised with keywords to only display the most relevant research for you…”
infoDOCKET reports that “in collaboration with the US Geological Survey (USGS), Esri recently updated the online USGS historical topographic map collection with over 1,700 new maps.
Esri’s USGS topographic map collection now contains 177,061 historical quadrangle maps dating from 1882 to 2006.
Also according to infoDOCKET “Open Artstor: Folger Shakespeare Library is now available with a selection of more than 8,000 images from the Digital Image Collection of the Folger Shakespeare Library. Provided under Creative Commons licenses, these images illuminate the history and output of Shakespeare and theater in general, from illustrated manuscripts and rare books, costume and stagecraft, to actors’ portraits and miscellanea.
KnowledgeSpeak also reports that “Publons, part of the Web of Science Group (a Clarivate Analytics company), has published the first large-scale survey on competitive research grant peer review, Grant Review in Focus. The report brings together the most extensive researcher survey on grant peer review ever conducted – with more than 4,500 respondents- and the full power of the Web of Science and InCites datasets.
Library Technology Guides reports that “the Canadian Association of Research Libraries and Library and Archives Canada (LAC) have joined forces to improve preservation of Canadian publications in Canadian libraries.
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- ACRL Diversity Alliance: President-Elect Jon Cawthorne Interviews LSU University Libraries Dean Stanley Wilder;
- Preservation: Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Awards $405,353 for 13 Recordings at Risk Projects
- SPARC Receives Grant $75,000 Grant From Arcadia Trust;
- Eastern Academic Scholars’ Trust (EAST) welcomes Florida libraries, increasing membership to 65 academic and research institutions
- United States Army Defends Decision to Close its Historic 57-Year-Old Space and Technical Library at Redstone Arsenal;
- Scout Calvert Named ARL Visiting Program Officer for Strategic Partnership to Advance Research Libraries’ Impact;
- Frontiers and Brock University announce OA publishing agreement;
- AIP Publishing and Kudos partner to extend author services and enrich publication insights;
- University of Arizona: David Hume Kennerly Has Photographed 10 Presidents, and Now UA Has Acquired His Archive (via AZCentral)
- Bukkyo University selects Ex Libris Alma library services platform;
- Gale partners with Mackin to make database content accessible and searchable through MackinVIA’s Deep Discovery;
Tom Gilson. Test Bio