The NCSU Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of Collections & Research Librarian for Humanities, Social Sciences, & Digital Media in the Collections & Research Strategy department. The department focuses on deep integration with the university community, working closely with faculty and students, and using data and analytics creatively to develop and manage collections aligned with the strengths of the university.
- Leads collaborative collection management in the social sciences and humanities
- Coordinates and manages the portfolio of digital media collections including video, audio, images, games, and streaming content
- Provides expert services for faculty, staff, and students in core and emerging areas of scholarship, such as digital scholarship, digital humanities, and bibliometric analysis
- Serves as liaison with assigned departments, centers, and clusters
- Fosters collaboration and interdisciplinary interactions among faculty and research teams
- Participates in ongoing collection assessment and collection management activities
- Works closely with library colleagues to provide consultation on the use of digital media tools, services, and spaces
Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. See vacancy announcement with application instructions at http://go.ncsu.edu/pjbiy3.
Tom is originally from Brooklyn N.Y but has spent his entire professional career in South Carolina, most recently as Head of Reference Services at the College of Charleston. As part of the Against the Grain and Charleston Conference team, he serves as the associate editor of the print ATG as well as the co-editor of the webpage. Tom’s conference duties include coordinating the Penthouse Suite interviews as well as the conference poster sessions.
He received his MLS from the University of Buffalo, SUNY and a second master’s in public administration from the College of Charleston and the Univ. of South Carolina. His wife Carol and he live in downtown Charleston and she is an artist and a tour guide offering historic walking tours of the city.