These figures reflect the revenues for the legacy publishers who send their data to the AAP, of course…”
According to Publishing Perspectives “UCL Press—University College London—has announced today (May 24) that more than 1 million copies of its books have been downloaded in the international marketplace.
The press has been in operation for three years, and produces scholarly monographs, edited collections, and textbooks. Some particulars of the activity reported by the company:..”
- New Portal Features International Science, Technology and Innovation Policies Trends and Data (STIP Compass)
Speaking at the ceremony, ASU President Michael Crow said the redesign of Hayden Library is one step in many to ensure that the library remains at the center of the ASU knowledge enterprise…”
In addition, infoDOCKET notes that “earlier this month, [NARA’s] Innovation Hub uploaded its 300,000th page for inclusion in the National Archives Catalog. Amazingly, this milestone took less than three years to achieve.
Digitization opens up access to our records. Of the 13 billion paper records in the National Archives, we currently have 42 million pages available online…”
Springer Nature has partnered with leading global technology forum The Next Web (TNW) Conference to explore how technology can help improve the sharing, discoverability and use of research data. Springer Nature’s latest Launchpad Meetup, held at TNW in Amsterdam, saw tech talent from across Europe present ideas on how researchers can be helped to extract more value from their experimental research data, through faster, easier routes of discovery and visualisation, organisation or sharing of data…”
MORE LIBRARY AND PUBLISHING NEWS FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES
- The Atlas of Sustainable Development 2018 Published (A Visual Guide to Data and Development, Open Data, Open Code);
- Wolters Kluwer and American College of Gastroenterology announce publishing partnership;
- Yewno named one of Silicon Review Magazine’s 50 Most Valuable Brands of the Year 2018;
- Congressional Budget Office Releases Cost Estimate on H.R. 5305, FDLP Modernization Act of 2018;
- Brill Publishers launches new OA journal – Bridging Humanities;
- EIFL (Electronic Information for Libraries) Publishes 2017 Annual Report;
- The University of Bradford selects Talis Aspire for online reading lists;
- Oxford University Press to publish journals of the Royal Economic Society;
Tom is originally from Brooklyn N.Y but has spent his entire professional career in South Carolina, most recently as Head of Reference Services at the College of Charleston. As part of the Against the Grain and Charleston Conference team, he serves as the associate editor of the print ATG as well as the co-editor of the webpage. Tom’s conference duties include coordinating the Penthouse Suite interviews as well as the conference poster sessions.
He received his MLS from the University of Buffalo, SUNY and a second master’s in public administration from the College of Charleston and the Univ. of South Carolina. His wife Carol and he live in downtown Charleston and she is an artist and a tour guide offering historic walking tours of the city.