Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing, version 3; *The London Book Fair International Excellence Awards 2018: NEW LIBRARY OF THE YEAR AWARD; *A New Digital Collection Featuring Decades of Movie Posters Goes Live Online; *A 1942 African-American Community Directory Digitized and Now Available Online; *University Futures, Library Futures; *Free Online Access to Millions of Documents on Chemical Toxicity Made Possible Through Toxicdocs; *Enago launches Open Access Journal Finder enabling research scholars find authentic OA journals relevant to their research objectives and manuscripts plus more library and publishing news from a variety of sources.
The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA), and the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME) have published the third version of the Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing. The Principles of Transparency lists sixteen guidelines ranging from website to publishing schedules and even direct marketing.
“The London Book Fair (LBF) International Excellence Awards, in partnership with the Publishers Association (The PA), has launched the hunt for the Library of the Year, and the deadline for entries is fast approaching – Friday 26 January…”
- University College Dublin to use OCLC Sustainable: Collection Services to transform library collections
According to OCLC News the “University College Dublin (UCD), will use OCLC Sustainable Collection Services (SCS) to tackle collection management challenges as it redefines its library services and facilities.
… UCD will use a data-driven approach pioneered by SCS and GreenGlass, its web-based analysis application, to inform decisions about its collections. UCD’s objective is to maintain a vibrant and relevant collection across its multiple campuses, while freeing up space for other activities…”
infoDOCKET reports that “A New Digital Collection Featuring Decades of Movie Posters Goes Live Online…The collection encompasses upwards of 10,000 posters and spans decades: from when the film industry was just beginning to compete with vaudeville acts in the 1920s to the rise of the modern megaplex and drive-in theaters in the 1970s. The sizes range from that of a small window card to that of a billboard…”
The Official California Negro Directory and Classified Buyers Guide, a 1942-43 publication by New Age Publishing, contains residential and business listings for California, Oregon and Washington…”
OCLC Research reports that OCLC and “Ithaka S+R are currently fielding a survey of academic library directors in the United States to support our “University Futures, Library Futures” project. Results of the survey will be shared with the community in 2018. Please contact Constance Malpas with any questions…”
infoDOCKET also notes that “millions of pages of internal corporate and trade association documents relating to the introduction of new products and chemicals into the workplace and commerce have been compiled into a free searchable online database called ToxicDocs. The history and future outlook for this database is now the subject of a free to view special section in the Journal of Public Health Policy which is a Palgrave Macmillan journal and is published by Springer Nature…”
- Enago launches Open Access Journal Finder enabling research scholars find authentic OA journals relevant to their research objectives and manuscripts
More library and publishing news from a variety of sources
- Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE), Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) . Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS), and Have Signed-On as Co-Sponsors of S.2271 – Museum and Library Services Act of 2017;
- ProQuest’s Civil War Collection Honored by ACRL Choice;
- ACCUCOMS Expands NEJM Representation in Poland and Turkey;
- Department of Defense makes brain training available using Demco Software and BrainHQ
- Association of Health Care Journalists partners with Wiley to provide member access to health science research;
- Gale and NC LIVE Help North Carolinians Prepare for College and Career Advancement
- U.S. Department of State to implement OCLC WorldShare Management Services
- APA releases new Journal Article Reporting Standards;
- Three South African Universities go live with Ex Libris Alma and Primo;
- Deakin University in Australia Selects Yewno Discover Research Application;
- FinELib consortium and Elsevier in deal for subscription access and open access publishing
Tom Gilson. Test Bio