Professional Career Opportunities at:
- University of Houston Libraries
- College of DuPage
- Nevada State College
- Phoenix College Library, Arizona
- Duquesne University
- Stony Brook University
Reporting to the Head of Web Services, this position will play a key role in coordinating the development and management of the library website and other web-based applications, sites, and services. The successful candidate for the position will:
- Participate on a team that oversees the direction of the websites and services across the Libraries’ web presence
- Serve as a liaison to committees and departments within the Libraries to understand their needs and focus their ideas into potential web projects and services
- Recommend improvements to websites and applications based on assessment, user data, analytics, and cutting-edge web design and content strategy trends
- Manage the Libraries’ web user experience program and work closely with stakeholders…
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send letter of application, names of 3 references, and resume to Damon Camille, Training, Assessment, and Statistics Coordinator, University of Houston, 114 University Libraries, Houston, Texas 77204-2000. Applications may also be submitted by email to: email@example.com.
“This professional will be responsible for the overall academic leadership, management, effective communication, development, planning and assessment of the 8 disciplines or programs within assigned area or subdivision.
The Associate Dean exercises the authority delegated by the Division Dean for managing the operations of the area to include full-time faculty, part-time faculty, classified staff, and the budget of the subdivision. The candidate will ensure the quality of the programs offered within the Division and fulfills the mission and goals of the College…
Nevada State College invites applications for an Undergraduate Learning Librarian to begin in the summer of 2014. This position reports to the Director of Library Services and will join the College during an exciting period of growth and development.
The Undergraduate Learning Librarian will provide leadership for NSC’s growing information literacy efforts and will play a crucial role in developing programs for the next phase of the College’s development. The ideal candidate will be inspired by the prospect of working in a new and growing college that values active learning, the integration of technology, and the importance of community.
- Serves as the primary instructor for online and in-person library instruction sessions
- Working closely with library colleagues, integrates library resources, services, and other tools into the College’s curriculum
- Collaborates with faculty to integrate information literacy modules into in-person, hybrid and online courses
- Develops an information literacy assessment program in order to improve instructional quality and assess student learning outcomes
- Provides in-person and online research consultation services…
|Contact:||Office of Human Resources|
Nevada State College
|Online App. Form:||http://nscjobs.com|
Full-time (9 mos.) tenure-track position to manage the library’s licensed electronic content, provide information literacy instruction and reference service.
Salary range $44,012.00 – $84,813.00.
Job posting closes 3/30/14.
Additional information available at www.maricopa.edu/about/?jobs.
The Electronic Resources and Discovery Librarian will provide leadership and a strategic vision for connecting our extensive electronic resources collections to our diverse user population via the Library’s online catalog, link resolver and discovery system. Reporting to the Head of Collection Management, this Faculty Librarian position will play an integral role in the evolution, development and implementation of new strategies relating to electronic resource discovery and the user experience…
|Contact:||Marla D. Bradford|
Office of Human Resource Management
|Online App. Form:||http://duq.edu/work-at-du/human-resources|
- Head of the Science and Engineering Library Senior Assistant/Associate Librarian – Stony Brook University
Responsibilities & Requirements: The Stony Brook University Libraries seek a … librarian to join the staff of its Science and Engineering Library. Reporting to the Associate Director of Branch Libraries, the Head of the Sciences and Engineering Library, will coordinate a full range of multi-disciplinary reference, research and consultative services for students and faculty in the areas of physical sciences, engineering, and computer sciences. Responsibilities include:
- Manages the Science and Engineering Library.
- Evaluates, selects, and reviews materials and information resources for inclusion in the collection, and manages the collection budget in assigned areas.
- Sets policies, in consultation with other units and the Associate Director of Branch Libraries.
- Oversees all public services including reference, circulation, and reserve.
- Ensures collections, facilities, and technology are maintained to enhance access and appearance.
- Supervises staff supporting these responsibilities.
- Develops strong liaison relationships with faculty and students in units of Science and Engineering and other assigned areas.
- Provides support for e-science initiatives, including data management plans.
- Provides reference and instructional services in-person and via electronic means, including general reference desk service in the Melville Library’s Central Reading Room and research assistance as needed and by appointment…
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a S tate employment application, cover letter and resume/CV to:
Pamela DiPasquale, Senior Staff Assistant
Library Director’s Office
Melville Library, Room W-1511
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3300
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 03/31/2014, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio