Professional Career Opportunities at:
- University of North Carolina at Asheville
- North Orange County Community College District, CA
- Colorado State Library
- Contra Costa College, CA
- Revs Institute for Automotive Research, FL
Reporting to the University Librarian and serving on the University Librarian’s management team, directs the public service units (research and access services) of Ramsey Library. This position provides leadership in areas of library instruction and information literacy, research services, library outreach, and access services of circulation, interlibrary loan, and reserves…
Required Education/Experience/Skills (Minimum Qualifications)
A Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited Library and Information Science program or equivalent. Five years experience working in an academic library.
Supervisory experience desired. Experience in developing and leading library and information literacy instructional programs. Experience in providing library instruction. Experience in library technology that aids in shaping and enhancing the user experience. Experience in developing and tracking assessment methods for measuring organizational effectiveness. Exhibit and event planning experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
Demonstrated proficiency in principles of information literacy and academic librarianship. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, to successfully balance competing priorities, and successfully manage deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with faculty, students, staff, colleagues and administrators. Ability to provide leadership to build teams, foster collaborations and build strong working relationships…
Starting salary: $48,000-$52,655 (budgeted hiring salary)
Job Close Date: 01-19-2014
Online App. Form: http://apptrkr.com/422966
- Dean Library/Learning Resources and Instructional Support Programs and Services – North Orange County Community College District
July 1, 2014
Under the direction of the Chief Instructional Officer, this position is responsible for performing a variety of administrative and supervisory duties related to the functions and activities of the college library and various learning resources and instructional support programs and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duties and responsibilities as presented are intended to be representative and not restrictive. The District reserves the right to modify the assignment and allocation of duties in accordance with operational needs.
- Provide leadership in the administration of the college library and assigned learning resources and instructional support programs and services, including resource development and personnel management, in accordance with laws, regulations, District policy and collective bargaining agreements.
- Formulate and develop long and short-range goals and strategic plans for assigned programs and services, including staffing, facilities, and educational philosophy; assure consistency of plans with other college and District plans.
- Plan, organize and direct the operations and activities of the college library including library reference, circulation, technical and bibliographic services, online systems, and archive maintenance.
- Plan, organize and direct the operations and activities of assigned learning resources programs and instructional support services, which may include, but are not limited to, the academic support center, supplemental instruction services, distance education, study abroad program, honors program, Transfer Achievement Program and staff development; integrate a variety of learning resources components, including laboratory materials and assignments, tutoring services and computerized classroom instruction, as part of the instructional support program…
The initial salary placement range is $114,347 – $144,687 annually, 12-month contract, plus an additional $2,600 annually for an earned doctorate from an accredited institution. Initial salary placement will be determined by the District Office of Human Resources in accordance with Board Policy and is not negotiable…
Reference Job #FCM999 in all correspondence. Download the District Classified Management Application on our website at http://www.nocccd.edu/Employment/Employment.htm, or email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the Human Resources Office at (714) 808-4810. All application materials must be submitted with the District Classified Management Application as a complete package.
A complete application package MUST include the following:
- Completed District Academic Application.
- Letter of interest which demonstrates written communication skills and addresses the qualifications relevant to the position.
- Resume describing educational background, teaching experience and work experience.
- Undergraduate AND graduate college transcripts (may be unofficial). The award of all degrees must be verifiable on a legible transcript. Evaluations of foreign degrees and course work are required. See www.nocccd.edu/Employment for information regarding evaluation of foreign degrees.
The Colorado State Library, an office within the Colorado Department of Education, has an open position to lead the charge in technological areas related to our Experience Design, Drupal Front-End Website Development, Content Strategy, and more.
The Digital Experience Consultant is part of the Networking and Resource Sharing team at the Colorado State Library. You would be responsible for crafting an integrated content strategy for our current and future web services. Your results will create important support for improving state-level services for library staff and anyone who uses a library…
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience with the use and/or administration of Drupal.
• Proven ability to implement technological change.
• Experience in content strategy and online workflow principles and practices.
• Experience with user-centered website design principles.
• Experience with web analytics, usability testing, website needs analysis, and other research
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in library science or library/media, educational technology, or information science.
• Experience with responsive web design and other mobile friendly design.
• Basic understanding of PHP.
• Experience in the use of APIs.
• Knowledge of current educational technology and/or instructional design trends and tools…
Please email a completed Colorado Department of Education Employment Application, letter of interest, and resume to email@example.com. A confirmation will be sent out that HR has received your materials. If you do not receive a confirmation within 24 hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a Colorado Department of Education Employment Application, visit our website at http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdemgmt/HR/jobs.htm
All materials submitted should be current and specifically address the qualifications for this position.
Hard copies of application materials and application materials sent via mail or fax will not be accepted.
Applicant materials must be received by 4:00 p.m., Monday, January 13, 2013.
Contra Costa College is seeking an … librarian for a full-time position beginning on or about August 2014. The successful applicant will be a flexible, team-oriented person who is able to work both independently and collaboratively in an ever-changing environment. the person filling this position will have primary responsibility for coordinating the electronic and audiovisual services of the Contra Costa College library. The position is also responsible for regularly scheduled hours at the reference desk and for the preparation and presentation of general and specific library orientations.
Salary: $55,668-$83,772 per year
Primary responsibility in coordinating the electronic services of the Library, which includes:
- Coordinate the trials, purchase and implementation of electronic databases including eBooks
- Troubleshoot and maintain electronic databases and Library system at the local level
- Maintain the Library’s web presenceWork collaboratively with district-wide libraries on shared proxy server and other related electronic resource and service issues
- Work collaboratively with district-wide libraries on shared proxy server and other related electronic resource and service issues…
Closing date: 02/28/2014.
The Revs Institute for Automotive Research in Naples, Florida is in search of a Metadata Specialist for a large scale digitization project of historic images, and documents. The Revs Institute’s library and archives contain well over one million original research documents and over 20,000 monographs. The applicant must have experience working with a large metadata project and demonstrate excellent overall computer and research skills, along with a proficiency in Excel spreadsheets. Currently Revs is working in association with Stanford University Libraries on a large scale photo digitization project, international in scope.
Excellent benefits/401K- salary commensurate with experience.
Please visit our website to learn more about the Revs Institute’s holdings and mission: www.revsinstitute.org
Resumes may be directed to:
Trina Purcell, Managing Librarian
The Revs Institute
2500 S. Horseshoe Drive
Naples, FL 34104
- Develop and maintain a subject ontology to be used as index terms for Revs, including working with new sets of materials that are added to the Revs Library to expand the ontology to include new areas of coverage and to develop a translation of imported metadata to the Revs metadata schema.
- Supervise the assignment of those terms to catalog records created by Revs staff, in an automated and manual way.
- Work with Stanford Libraries to ensure the accuracy of the migration of Revs metadata to the Revs Digital Library.
- Promote Revs ontologies for use in linked data applications.
- Correct complex errors in various types of records that enhance discoverability of library resources in our online catalog (e.g. bibliographic records, call number records, item records, holdings records).
- Determine subject content of books in different languages and assign Library of Congress call number and subject keywords…
Desired Education and Experience: Four-year college degree. Advanced coursework in library science, history, or related field. Post-undergraduate paid library work experience, preferably in Technical Services, Special Collections, or Digital Collections.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio