Professional career Opportunities at:
- University of Alaska Anchorage
- University of California San Diego, La Jolla
- Northwestern University
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Library of the Health Sciences
- Business & Government Information Liaison/Instruction & Reference Librarian Bookmark and Share – University of Alaska Anchorage
The Consortium Library at the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) is recruiting for an Instruction and Reference Liaison Librarian for Business, Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration and Government Information. This librarian should have a strong commitment to information literacy instruction, user education services, and assessment. Reporting to the Head of the Instruction and Research Services Department, this librarian should be highly productive, innovative, and technologically adept, as well as committed to the goals of the Library’s instruction program, including embedding information literacy across the university’s curriculum, developing online learning objects, and integrating new technologies and e-pedagogy.
This faculty librarian will provide instruction, reference, collection development, and outreach activities to UAA’s College of Business and Public Policy (CBPP), along with business-related overlap in several other UAA colleges (e.g., the Community and Technical College) and to the business programs at Alaska Pacific University (APU), which neighbors UAA. Outreach to campus clientele in the assigned liaison areas is a significant component of this position…
To apply and for full details: http://www.uakjobs.com.
…Responsibilities of the Position
The UC San Diego Library is seeking an… motivated professional who will dedicate two years to working with SC&A staff to improve user access to the collections of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography Archives. The position reports to the Supervisory Archivist and will:
- Assist the Supervisory Archivist with review of the manuscript and archival collections of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, a component of the Special Collections & Archives program, assessing them for appropriate levels of processing and making recommendations to the Supervisory Archivist and University Archivist on the need for additional processing and cataloging;
- Contribute to grant projects that enhance the usability of the SIO collections;
- Gather multiple accessions that belong to one collection, assigning a single collection number for each collection;
- Identify single items that should be treated as such, rather than as a collection, and send for cataloging…
For full consideration, please submit applications to https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF00485.
Please provide the following:
A short application letter addressing your interest in this program and applicable qualifications
A resume of education and relevant experience
The names of at least three persons who are knowledgeable about your qualifications and/or suitability for this position
A personal statement summarizing your past or planned contributions to diversity; guidance for preparing diversity statements can be found at: http://facultyequity.ucsd.edu/Faculty-Applicant-C2D-Info.asp.
Northwestern University Library seeks a knowledgeable, experienced, and creative curator to direct all operations, services, and collections of the Melville J. Herskovits Library of African Studies. The curator provides leadership in the development of collection, formulation and implementation of public service policies and programs, management of staff and budgets, and liaison with the clientele of the Herskovits Library. Supervises staff, including 3 FTE professional librarians, 3 FTE support staff and 5 FTE student employees…
Establishes departmental priorities and policies, supervises staff, and provides leadership in developing programs and services related to the Herskovits Library. Manages departmental budgets. Determines collection development policy for the Herskovits Library in consultation with the Associate University Librarian for Special Libraries, including the acquisition of materials in all languages and formats relevant to African and Middle Eastern Studies through purchase, exchange, as gifts, and through other means. Acts as principal selector and liaison with Northwestern faculty, staff, and students in disciplines related to Africana, delegating appropriate responsibilities to Herskovits Library staff. Develops and oversees public service policies for orientation, reference, and instructional services. Develops needed services in consultation with clientele and other Departments in the Library, delegating appropriate responsibilities to Herskovits Library staff. Provides specialized reference and instructional services to Herskovits Library clientele…
Send PDF formatted letter of application, resume or vita, and names of three references to the attention of Jan Hayes, Personnel Librarian, to email@example.com. Northwestern University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment eligibility verification required upon hire.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) invites applications for the position of Head of Information Technology/Systems Librarian, a faculty appointment with rank leading to tenure. The successful candidate must demonstrate skills in automated library systems and supervision, and will continue to advance technology operations. Position reports to the Director of Technical Services and Technology.
- Manage, supervise, coordinate, plan, budget, implement, and service the library’s various information systems operations, including the integrated library system (Innovative Interfaces), ILLIAD and UniPrint;
- Provide technical expertise, support, and training for library automation planning and development;
- Coordinate the training of library staff in the use of information technologies;
- Manage 150+ workstations and several servers in a Window environment; develop Internet, network and web-based applications;
- Oversee upgrades, coordinate release documentation and implementation of new features;
- Supervise and evaluate two classified staff (DP Network Tech II and Computer Operator)…
Close of Applications: 02/15/2014; Start Date: 03/03/2014
- Associate Director, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – University of Illinois at Chicago, Library of the Health Sciences
The Associate Director negotiates, plans, implements and executes the terms of the NN/LM contract with the National Library of Medicine (NLM) under the direction of the RML Director. The NN/LM is a network of libraries and information centers in the U.S. that provides health professionals and consumers with timely and convenient access to biomedical and health care information resources. As the recipient of the NN/LM GMR contract, the UIC Library of the Health Sciences serves as the Regional Medical Library (RML) for a ten state regional network consisting of 1100 members. The Associate Director oversees and administers all programs, day-to-day operations and staffing of the Greater Midwest Region (GMR) office. This position serves as the primary contact with directors of the 31 designated Resource Libraries in the GMR, and with the GMR Regional Advisory Council (RAC). Within the university, the Associate Director acts as the liaison to key operational support departments such as the Office of Research Services and the Grants and Contracts Office…
Click here to apply.
Tom Gilson. Test Bio