- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent from a program accredited by the American Library Association.
- Minimum of three years of post-Master’s degree professional experience in an academic setting or research library.
- Work experience related to electronic resources and cataloging, technical support and/or response to user requirements for access.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsibilities include oversight for non-serial resources including: licensing; workflow development; cataloging policy; training; support for external and internal users; lead vendor negotiations; platform and content review.
- Participate in and lead selection decisions and participate in budgeting processes.
- Potential for supervision of staff performing data management and maintenance in this area…
Special note to applicants
The following Application Materials must be attached to your electronic submission:
- Cover letter,
- Names (including titles and company/institutions), addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 professional references.
Salary Range: $50,000 Minimum (competitive and dependent upon relevant experience and abilities)
The Search Committee will not contact references without contacting the candidate first and verifying permission.
The review of applications will begin immediately. Apply as soon as possible for full consideration. Anticipated start date is September 1, 2013. Appointment requires successful completion of background check. Members of minority groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position. AA/EOE.
Salary Range: $40,000 – $65,000
A … librarian is needed to provide library services for the School of Continuing & Professional Studies (SCPS), and to be the library’s point person for other online and distance education programs as they emerge at the University of Virginia.
SCPS offers courses to nontraditional adult learners across the Commonwealth of Virginia through centers in Abingdon, Charlottesville, Northern Virginia, Newport News, Richmond, and Roanoke. Students enrolled through SCPS have the option to learn in the classroom, online, and through other modes of delivery. The librarian will provide in-person support for SCPS’s teaching and learning activities (with some travel around Virginia required) as well as teach online workshops/classes and provide remote reference for SCPS students.
In addition, the librarian will actively engage with other online and distance education initiatives at UVA, helping to plan library services, coordinate policies, and provide support for subject librarians in other areas. An enthusiasm for experimentation with emerging technologies and the ability to work with the disparate Schools and Departments across the Grounds will be very important.
Some weekend and evening hours will be required. The librarian may also engage in general reference desk duty, collection development, and special projects.
Required Application Documents:
- CV / Resume
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for 3 References – name, email, phone
The Digital Public Library of America (http://dp.la) seeks a Director of Technology to lead its digital infrastructure and technology staff, and to further DPLA’s mission to bring together the riches of America’s libraries, archives, and museums, and make them freely available to all. A belief in this mission and the drive to accomplish it over time in a collaborative spirit both within and beyond the organization is essential.
The Director of Technology will be responsible for the overall technology vision for the DPLA. As an early-stage organization, we expect substantial growth, including in unexpected areas. The Director of Technology must be able to plan and map this future, creating new initiatives as necessary in consultation with the DPLA team. The Director of Technology will report to the Executive Director…
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team environment and the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of Semantic Web and linked data concepts and technologies.
- Strong knowledge of library practices and data formats, including XML, OAI-PMH, MODS, MARC, Dublin Core.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and tools used in electronic data processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
The Librarian is providing library and research services for the college and maintenance of the library and its collections.
The Librarian will manage the planning, administrative and budgetary functions of the library including:
- Establish and implement library policies and procedures
- Develop and manage convenient, accessible library services
- Establish and manage the budget for library services, technology, and resources
- Develop and manage cost-effective library services, technology, and resources
- Selection of library materials based on curriculum needs and budget allocation
- Order materials and maintain records for payment of invoices
- Analyze and evaluate library services, technology, and resource requirements
- Prepare reports related to library services, technology, resources, and activities
- Coordinating any peer or instructor-based tutoring on an as needed basis or when the need has been recognized or requested by the student…
The Librarian will provide effective access to library collections and resources including:
- Develop and maintain collections management policies and procedures
- Configure and manage the integrated library system software including the online catalog
- Catalog print, media, and electronic resources in library database
- Provide reference services to library users
- Circulation of library materials (check-in, check-outs, renewals, etc.)
- Maintain database of patrons (current students, staff, and faculty) compiled from registration system and HR files
- Rotation of resources to ensure they remain relevant to the course work being taught at the college…
Tom Gilson. Test Bio