Due to overwhelming demand, the Charleston Conference has decided to extend our Call for Papers deadline to Friday, July 13th.
The form is online at http://www.katina.info/conference/callforpapers.php. We are looking for proposals that tie into our theme for 2012, “Accentuate the Positive!” The main conference will be held from Thursday, November 8, through Saturday, November 10, and we are seeking proposals for the following sessions:
- Lively Lunches: 75 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, focused on audience interaction and discussion
- Concurrent Sessions: 45 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, standard presentation with 5-10 minutes for Q&A.
- Innovation Sessions: 30 minute sessions on Saturday, focused on new technology, innovations, etc.
- Poster Sessions: 90 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, 6 ft. table and chairs provided. You are responsible for bringing your own poster and display board appropriate for table top display.
- Shotgun Sessions: 6 minute, 40 second PowerPoint presentations of 20 slides at 20 seconds each. A group of topically related Shotgun Sessions will be grouped together in a single concurrent session time slot.
Specifically, we’d like to have a series of Shotgun Sessions (short, Petcha Kutcha-like sessions of 6 minutes, 20 seconds each) relating to success stories in the library. Our other topical threads are listed on the proposal form.
Please contact Leah Hinds with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you in Charleston this November!
Leah was appointed Executive Director of the Charleston Conference in 2017, and has served in various roles with the Charleston Information Group, LLC, since 2004. Prior to working for the conference, she was Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions for the College of Charleston for four years. She lives in a small town near Columbia, SC, with her husband and two kids where they raise a menagerie of farm animals.